This podcast is from a presentation to Awesome Women In Business
A GUIDED MEDITATION
- I want you to close your eyes and go back in time
- To a time when there was no boundary between your feelings and thoughts and the outside world.
- A time when you were free and didn’t have to double-check yourself.
- (let a minute go by)
- What do you notice about your surroundings?
- are you wearing a favorite piece of clothing?
- Are you opening a favorite box that contains everything important to you?
- Are you at a favorite relative’s house and is something special that smells delicious in the over?
- There’s a name for this set of physical experiences: Axis Mundi – the place where what is going on inside you connects with the outside world and you feel whole.
- We’ll come back to this.
SOURCE OF FEAR OF REJECTION
- Fear of rejection arises from feelings of not being good enough, of feeling unable to deal with the ups-and-downs on life on one’s own.
- So, where does it come from? Trauma.
- When we lack the power to protect ourselves in a traumatic situation in order to cope it can be easier to just deny the trauma occurred.
- The problem with this is we also wall off the associated part of our psyche and the skills/capabilities that go with it.
- We also get stuck in our head which can kill sales and the ability to perform.
- Focus on others.
- Give to them what you need yourself.
- By seeing yourself giving to others it eases the path towards giving to yourself, i.e., reclaiming that part of you walled off with the trauma.
- Your feedback is important. Choose from the following options:
- Click on “Send Voicemail” over to the right,
- place a review in iTunes,
- click on “leave a comment” below,
- send any comments along with your name to email@example.com or
- call us at 614-664-7650.
- Listen to future episodes for our reply.